Voxel texture changed when texture quality is changed.

Solomon shared this bug 9 months ago
Reported

Hi, as the title suggest when I increase or decrease my texture quality the voxel texture changes to something completely different. Imagine the normal grass texture becoming sand. It's like that. This is not spam, but rather this a second post that goes further into detail of the issue I am experiencing.

First of all my specs are:

(Windows 10)

AMD Ryzen 9500HX

RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

32 RAM

Driver Version

GPU: 536.6

CPU: driver release date: 7/25/2023

Problem in detail:

So originally I assumed the issue was the graphics preset but is instead the texture quality. If I changed it from any setting for example High --> Medium it messes up the voxels completely. The stone on earthlike planet became the mars rocks, its all so confusing. This is a recent issue as far as I am aware as I don't remember this being an issue. Another thing to note is this does not actually change what the material is. If the grass got switched to stone, it doesn't give me ice. It seems to be a visual thing. I also noticed it fixes itself after a reload. Anyways, I hope this bug gets fixed eventually as it is rather annoying. Below are some images of the issue:

Note: I've tried many ways myself to solve this issue. I've verified my game files on steam, I re installed the game TWICE, deleted the cfg file and tried deleting space engineers from the steamapps common file directory. I don't know what to do anymore.

Replies (2)

photo

One typo: I ment to say "If the grass got switched to SNOW, it doesn't give me ice

photo

Hello, Solomon,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Issue was successfully reproduced on our side and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for your quick reply! Please excuse my poor grammar. I was in a rush while typing.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file