Geforce NOW instability

Emre Akyel shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

The game loses connection during stutters if they are long enough (I guess a second at most). The game reports spotty connection and the session ends abruptly even though my connection is stable and I dont have this issue in any other game. I can pretty confidently say Ive never suffered connection issues in any other game and the way game logs you out is pretty uncharacteristic for a regular disconnection due to spotty connection.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Emre Akyel,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share further information with me? Does this only happen when you are using GeForce Now or does this happen all the time? Since GeForce Now is a cloud gaming service, the performance and stability of the game can be influenced by various factors, including the internet connection, server load, and the overall network conditions.

If this is a problem with the cloud service, you will have to contact their support and they can provide you with troubleshooting steps. If not then please share your latest log from your last session with me.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello keen ! Thank you for the reply. I know you guys are outnumbered against the hundreds or thousands of bug reports.

The issue I talked about only happens in Space Engineers. I actually fixed it a little by disabling autosaves which were a major factor for stutters that caused disconnection but still I suffer these instant disconnections that wreak havoc on all my progress. I contacted Geforce NOW about it and they told me to change servers and try again. This didnt help and they haphazardly closed the inquiry.

About your last paragraph. I cannot access any internal files of the game via Geforce NOW as far as I know since its a remote computer that only has steam open. You cannot run any other application such as the file explorer. I could relay your request to Geforce NOW for said file if its possible.

I am open to help in any way. I can share screens or contact geforce now support on your behalf. Other than that I have space engineers installed but I dont suffer the crashes in that client. I suffer crashes from Geforce NOWs client that I believe is located in netherlands. I am in Bulgaria.

Thank you for your time !

Edit: I just thought about this but do you think this might be caused due to Geforce NOWS graphics cards ? They use a cluster of Tesla T10s

2nd Edit: I've included my speed test via ookla: https://www.speedtest.net/result/15048186939

photo
photo

Hello, Emre Akyel,

thank you for practicing patience and understanding our response times.

Our main source of information for diagnosing problems are logs. Could you please ask GeForce Now to share those with you? The reason why you are having problems is probably because of connectivity issues between GeForce cloud and the game, for example during autosave or high ping.

What you can also do is to tell me the HW that GeForce is providing to you. What could be happening is that it does not meet our requirements.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I guess I reported the bug at the wrong placefe9ddd8784902e094241492a630e3664. Sorry for wasting your time !

There is no concrete information about the specs but I managed to scour this from reddit.dc22a4d35dd96e7e17e0e6859cf79311

photo
photo

Hello, Emre Akyel,

thank you for the specs. I can see that GeForce is using Windows server which is not supported.

However, one more thing you can try to get the logs is to wait for the next time the log out happens. Then write down the exact time down to a second of when it happened. You can also send us the logs through pressing F1 and then navigating to Report issue and send a report.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Ok so here is what I've done:

I couldnt get the time down to the second exactly but I believe it happened where between 14:11:30 and 14:11:35 GMT+3. I've also reported to issue as you asked with the same email I registered this account with. Ive also though about running a continous speed test to completely rule out the possibility of a connection interruption. I used star trinity's CST.0011f1f791000b3fa37a57dea7ec36aa

The inter speed is capped at 9.70 mbps because in interfered with my connection a little. My original speed is somewhere around 200 mbps download and 90 mbps upload as Ive stated before in the ookla speed test.20f9b3effa926cd59d0d1142929a3499

So yeah, 100% uptime for the 1 and a half hours I played.

Edit: I have to say, I have no experiencing in making games, I know it would cause unwanted stutters or lags but if the game saved to cloud everytime it saved locally this issue wouldnt be as destructive. I would lose 5 minutes of progress, not 1 and half hours. It would be cool to have it as a seperate option.

photo
photo

Hello, Emre Akyel,

thank you for all of the additional information. Based on your discoveries the problem is unfortunately with GeForce and you will have to go back to their support if you need further help. Because Space engineers does not allow Steam cloud, the only thing you can try is a workaround.

If you need to save your game files on the internet you can try Steam publish on Steam workshop or through mod.io. You can set it to be not public and create your own personal "cloud".

The way GeForce functions is unfortunately not ideal for long term use with Space Engineers. I hope the workaround works for you.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Emre Akyel,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file