Door open and air still inside

Igor Bocek shared this bug 10 months ago
Solved

Hello,

I noticed a bug when I pressurized the room. During when the pressure and air was equalizing in the room, I had set using a timer block that the door would close and lock itself (switch the block to off). The door shut off during the closing process and the game thought it was closed. So I had the room air filled with the door half open. See screenshot. As soon as I walk through the door, the oxygen goes away and I start dying, and as soon as I walk back into the room I'm fine.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

We tried to replicate the issue at our end and we didn't experience the issue with air pressurizing.

Could you kindly share further information concerning this issue?

Did you experience this issue when playing in single player mode, on Lobby/DS or on Keen's official servers?

Did the world have any MODs or Plugin active when you experienced this issue? If so, kindly disable them and check is the issue still occurs in the vanilla world (with no active MODs or Plugins).

If the issue persist, kindly send us a video showing the issue happening at your end, and if possible the world save file where you experienced the issue, along with the log file from when the issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

No mods, no plugins, and I've never put any ADDONs in the game. I only play singleplayer. And since I got this game, I've noticed my first bug. When I noticed this, I just took these screenshots, and then fixed it the way it was supposed to work properly. I tried to deliberately recreate this bug, but was unsuccessful. Now it works as it should... The fan is working as it should. I have also tried turning the gate off while it was closing (at various intervals), but the fan always registers an unsealed room. I may have (timer block + fan) unknowingly triggered the air in and the gate closing multiple times at once... I don't know. Anyway, if it happens to me again, I'll post a video too.

photo

Update!

It has shown up again. Not quite the same event, but the issue is the same. This time the lightning made a hole in the roof. I'm posting a video and a saved position from the game. In the video you can see me walking outside with residual oxygen. When I move away from my built structure, I have no oxygen. When I get closer, I do.

I must add that I have this game running via Steam with Offline Mode.

I hope this helps.

photo

Hello, engineer,

Thank you for sharing further information with us.

In the provided world save, upon spawning at the saved location, there were no holes in the base roof. Please refer to the attached videos for reference.

Upon filling the base's O2/H2 generator with ice, all air vents/fans worked as expected and correctly pressurized the rooms upon opening the doors/gates.

To further investigate the issue of O2 levels changing when flying near the base, we removed a block from the base's roof and attempted to fly around the base, observing no changes in O2 levels (oxygen levels remained at None).

While reviewing the video you sent us, we noticed that even with a hole, the O2 levels were low inside the base, which is unexpected behavior because Mars has no environment, and except for sealed pressurized oxygen-filled areas, O2 levels should always remain at None. However, this was not observed when we investigated the reported issues in the provided world save at our end.

It is possible that these issues may have occurred due to some game files not being updated, possibly related to Steam being in offline mode. To resolve these issues, we kindly request that you switch Steam mode back to Online and follow the steps below:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Once you've completed the above steps, please start the game and load the affected world save.

If the issue persists, we kindly request that you provide us with a new screen recording/video showing the issue, the world save file, and the log files from when the issue occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello,

thank you for your time. I also thought it might be the offline mode, but I wanted to consult the professionals instead. However, I've been playing it for a long time, and the problem hasn't surfaced anymore. I'll try switching steam to online mode if I have a problem again.

Thank you again.ed379f8ae663aed53c206b4665ab91fa

photo
photo

Hello, Igor Bocek,

I am happy to hear you managed to fix your issue. Does it mean I can close this thread as Solved? You can create a new thread anytime in the future if the problem reappears.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello,

yes, thank you. I don't have any problem anymore.

photo
photo

Hello, Igor Bocek,

thank you very much for letting me know. Please, do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Happy engineering!

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file