Connecting a beacon to a grid with an antenna can prevent remoting into that antenna

Rares Petru Samartean shared this bug 9 months ago
Duplicate

To reproduce in the attached vanilla world debug_world, after you spawn in:

1. without doint anything else, you should be able to press SHIFT-K (to get into remote screen) and access the terminal of and remotely control Static Grid 7655
  2. disconnect and reconnect the connector on Static Grid 7655 (there's a button setup for you in the middle of the grid)
  3. you should now not be able to remote into Static Grid 7655 anymore, not through "terminal" nor "control"2e3aeeb6d5a24add49e5bbc65ea551e6
  4. access the terminal of Static Grid 7655
  5. access the antenna, set the antenna range to 811 meters
  6. stop interacting with the terminal, go into SHIFT-K remote screen and Static Grid 7655 should be available again (other antenna range values worked, it's hit or miss, but I just set it to 811 and it worked, setting it to max range of 50000 always caused it to stop working in my testing) - you may need to reconnect the connector too for the antenna to become available33c123e528832907908e8b78d0a53b77

Turning off the beacon (or removing it) or disconnecting the connector fixes everything every time and allows the player to remotely access the antenna no matter the range setting or other factors.

Adding an antenna to the grid that contains the beacon doesn't seem to affect this behavior.

Thank you for this amazing game!

Good luck with this bug, it looks like you've got your hands full of bugfixing after the latest major update.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that the issue is the same as this one.

Since the shared thread is still in the "Reported" state, kindly wait until the thread switches to "Solved" status with the comment confirming the fix and on what version it will come.

We are closing this thread as a "Duplicate" for now but kindly keep an eye on the shared thread for any new information, comments, and possible fixes coming.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (2)

photo

By the way, the remote on the grid is just leftover from my testing. I was able to reproduce the exact steps mentioned with or without it attached.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that the issue is the same as this one.

Since the shared thread is still in the "Reported" state, kindly wait until the thread switches to "Solved" status with the comment confirming the fix and on what version it will come.

We are closing this thread as a "Duplicate" for now but kindly keep an eye on the shared thread for any new information, comments, and possible fixes coming.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Damn, I didn't managed to find the original ticket on my own. Thank you.

I'm really looking forward to having this fixed, because beacons are very relevant with the new AI update :-)

Replies have been locked on this page!