Most of my Steam cloud local files have disappeared after playing on a Watermod, unofficial edition.

Nolan shared this bug 10 months ago
Won't Fix

I played on a player's multiplayer world (not a server) for a few hours on July 11th, 2023, and I downloaded the new Automatons DLC before loading their world too. A few days later, I loaded Space Engineers again on July 14th, 2023, and one of the first things that happened was I could not load a creative world because it said something about it being "out of date"? When I go into another older creative world, I can load that one but my Steam cloud still only has 3 blueprints from the Water mod multiplayer game. My question is: How do I fix this issue?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Nolan,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Can you pleas specify more what exactly is the issue on your side?

If it's about the blueprints, please note that on your image, you have the option "Show local blueprints only" enabled. See your screen and mine for comparison. You have there only the house icon. You need to click on it couple of times so you have the proper (or all) section accessible. That should allow you to see all your blueprints.

If it is about the save file not working, I would need more information on that.

Are there any mods enabled on that world or is it vanilla (no mods) world?

When was the last time this save was working? Can you load it in Survival mode?

Is this the only save where this issue is happening? Can you load other saves and start new games?

Is it single player or Lobby online mode?

Do any of the Back-up saves work? Can you try?

Please try these workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Restart Steam

Did any of this worked for you?

If not, please share me the affected save file so I can try and take a look on it myself.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file