Warheads aren't damaging terrain in NA#1

Kerb shared this bug 10 months ago
Not a Bug

Version - 1.202.120

Affected world - Keen NA#1

Steps to reproduce - Step 1. Plant warhead on ground Step 2. Arm, start countdown. Step 3(optional). Back up.

Platform - Windows

Misc - Warheads damage players and grids, but not voxels. This appears to be a reproducible bug on NA #1

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Kerb,

thank you for contacting us. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Kerb,

after this was examined by our programmer team, it seems like this behavior was more Adaptive simulation function in action, rather then a bug as such.

When Adaptive simulation is enabled on the server/save, it's possible to observe this behavior. When turned On, if there is lower sim speed, games turns off automatically some of the heavy stuff; like in this case destroying voxels.

You can also read the tooltip in the game in Advanced settings, where it reads: "Enables quality reduction of deformation and explosions affecting voxels..."

I will close this thread now since there is nothing we can do about it from our side, as it's not a bug.

However, if you will manage to reproduce this issue provably without low sim-speed being the reason (preferably in world with Adaptive simulation turned Off), please open new thread and provide us reliable steps to reproduce.

Thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!