Game crashes on launch

John Smith shared this bug 10 months ago
Won't Fix

The game crashes immediately after the logo splash.

The reason is apparently:

Exception occurred: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'AnselSDK64': A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B010C)

Looking it up, there are several players with identical issues, but nothing about a fix. Given I just purchased the DLC via the summer sale, I'd appreciate it if something can be done.

Attached is one of many, many crash dumps. Please don't tell me to mess around with GeForce Experience when you can see I'm using an AMD card, as many previously have.

Kind regards

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, John Smith,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Update your graphic drivers

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Also, please share your log file with me if none of these things work.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Verifying my game files works, exactly once. The game will launch after doing this, but will then encounter the same issue immediately after closing, and will require validation a second time. I cannot verify 40GB of files every time I wish to play this game.

My graphics drivers are up to date, as is my OS.

A log file was attached to my original post. Several are attached to this one. They all cite the same issue. Please let me know if you require any further details.

photo
photo

Hello, John Smith,

thank you for the logs. Unfortunately Windows 11 is not officially supported by us because it cannot support various libraries/ HW and drivers. The issue you are experiencing might actually be an incompatibility of your operating system with the DLL (Ansel) as written in the log. There could be a problem with one of the certificates, however we do not offer support for this.

Unfortunately we do not have a solution for your problem.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file