Merge blocks not disconnecting

Jesse shared this bug 10 months ago
Solved

Hello, I was trying to unmerge two ships together, and even through the merge blocks where powered off, they would not disconnect, the only way to disconnect them was to grind both merge blocks and then they disconnected.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Jesse,

thank you for contacting us. I tried to reproduce the issue in my game but I was not able to. Can you please share your world save with me so that I can test it out there?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

In this file, you can go to Thor or Jump Ship, those are the two grids I am trying to disconnect.

photo
photo

Hello, Jesse,

can you please share the file with me? I cannot see it attached here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo
photo
photo

Hello, Jesse,

thank you for the save file. I deactivated the mods and launched the save. After investigating I discovered that the merge block on Thor ship is blocked with corner light. I deleted the light, then turned the merge blocks on and off and I was able to unmerge the merge blocks. I am attaching screenshot here.

Can you please try to do the same and tell me if it helped?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

That would do it, thank you sir, have a great day.

photo

Hello, Jesse,

happy to hear that after the advice from my colleague, the problem is gone on your side.

Since there is nothing more we can help you with at this point, I will close this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you experience/observe any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file