removing blocks from groups won't save when game exits

Mindle shared this bug 10 months ago
Reported

I have a bug where when I remove a block(s) from a group, those blocks will reappear in the group when I save and reload the game.

I'm trying to make a proof-of-concept prototype flyer that uses event controllers, timers, and a bunch of groups to make thrusters on separate subgrids match what the thrusters are doing on the main grid. I accidentally put the thrusters of the main grid into the control groups for firing the subgrid thrusters, and so I removed them. This worked, and the prototype was a success. The following morning (irl), I hopped back into the world only to find that the prototype no longer functioned, and that the thrusters on the main grid were back in the control groups for the thrusters on the subgrids.

I haven't experimented with it too much to see how I can replicate it, but I took the following screenshots to demonstrate my problem:

4c8a72a62603afac4fa611b2027c7be2

8d0829a8b3ef03d317c332e4704bf74f

I then proceed to save and reload the game...

a04988bcf3ac194a3e68dcd8de0011f8

cc7f7eee655b2baa45b953abefcb1adf

...and just like that, they've magically reappeared in the control groups.

719e7ef7ed27af8319412413b23f6bdc

I've attached both the blueprint file and the world file to this bug report. To replicate the bug in the world, just select one of the thruster groups in the test flyer, and then ctrl-click on any selected thrusters that appear white in the menu (white = on main grid). There are control groups for all six directions, plus 2 duplicates of each group for timer shenanigan reasons, but it happens on all 18 of them. After saving the updated groups, it will work while you're in the world, but once you save and load the world, the groups will go back to having the incorrect thrusters in them.

My guess is that updated groups don't get written to the save files, since their names don't change and no new instances are created. Hoping this will get patched soon since I'm not looking forward to having to reprogram the 540+ actions I have put in the timer blocks using these groups lol

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Mindle,

thank you for the save and screenshots. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file