This object is in archive! 

Failed to save Running out of memory??

William Martino shared this bug 16 months ago
Won't Fix

Good Evening

Not sure if this is the right place to post this issue. But I created a new game without issue, but when I tried to exit, it gave me a warning and I was unable to save. I have loads of memory on my hard drive and my ram is only at 53%.

"Failed to save. This can be caused by running out of memory or problem writing files"

Now I did clear my cache before I created the game not sure if that had anything to do with it. I verified my game files, no change, then uninstall SE and re-installed. No change. Any advice would be appreciated. Edit: On PC

Thank You

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, William Martino,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Are you using any mods in the world save? How old is it? Can you create a new save file and save it?

Can you please share your affected save file and a log from the time you tried to save your game?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank You for the reply. I believe I have what you're asking for.

photo

I attached the zipped file but I dont see it, can you?

photo

Hello, William Martino,

I am sorry but I cannot see any attached file. Please try to attach it again.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Ok thank you, I may have to try another way. zipped file may be to big? It uploads then goes away.

Thx

Will

photo

Hello, William Martino,

how big is the save file? Are there any mods which are causing it to be too large? Can you try to only attach the log?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, William Martino,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

photo

Yea I gave up, not only am not able to save, my Program blocks no longer displays my scripts that Im sub to.

Replies have been locked on this page!