This object is in archive! 

Textures look wrong under light

Sorin Codreanu shared this bug 16 months ago
Won't Fix

i have no idea what have casued this, but it's best seen with weldless armor (all types of armor textures are afected). seems its something related to interaction of light with textures.

Replies (6)

photo

this is a bug, Kreeg is reporting it, he said, there was a LOD bug before, and now this with the armor skins, all skins but not the silver and gold skin, now let me know if this is not a bug and i'm wrong, this should be in the bug reports.

photo

this bug is not present in the colored black "weldless armor", and "silver" and "gold" armor skins, it seems

photo

Hello, Sorin Codreanu,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it as the texture looks as it should in my game. Could you share further information with me? Are you using lower graphics? Are you using any mods or scripts? Has this happened after the latest update? Which armor skins are effected?

Sharing your save file and video would be very helpful to me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also please share your latest log with me.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for the game, first of all, did some more testing on my side and i noticed one thing: im not sure if You fixed that or what but the change armor skin textures "bug" when i try to replace skins in armor blocks the textures on that grid become "blurry" or "wrong LOD" is not there anymore, and im not sure if that is because i purchased yesterday 10 of your Space Engineers DLC from Steam (almost every, at now) or not ;)

Great game, i really hope an overhaul/improvement update especially in the pve/pvp/exploration/factions/economy systems.

Thanks for understanding.

photo

i tested all possible graphics settigns, they have no effect on the bug, it is on all settings, i use no mods or scripts att all, 100% vanilla game, this started around 24 of june without anyreason, just in one day i launched the game and saw this, all armor skins that can be collored are affected, so gold and silver are not affected at all, there's also sci fi armor that seems to be unaffected too.

photo

Hello, Sorin Codreanu,

thank you for the world save. I launched it and just as you said the texture looked different, however it fixed itself within a second after loading. Does it get fixed for you as well? I could not reproduce it after re-load.

I am attaching the save here, please download it and try to launch it. If the issue persists I will assist you further.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

i downloaded and launched the attached save, unfortunately the issue persists. also try moving the sun, under specific amount of sunlight it should be visible again. i did not see this bug to appear under artificial light however it still might be possible.

photo

Hello, Sorin Codreanu,

I tried to move the sun around but I still did not manage to reproduce the bug. Can you please share your latest log file file me?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Can you also please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted (you can create a backup somewhere else on your computer so you do not lose if it does not work)

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Update graphic drivers

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Of course i tried all of this, multiple times, that's obvious, but it didn't work. here's the file.

photo

Hello, Sorin Codreanu,

I am sorry but I did not receive the log file, can you please attach it here?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Sorin Codreanu,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!