This object is in archive! 

Can't use mods or open saves when offline

Mr. Smash shared this bug 16 months ago
Won't Fix

I've seen a lot of people report on it, both on steam and on the forums, but I'm not able to load worlds that were started while online, even if they were set to "Offline" as it gives me an error something along the lines of "Please change the world to offline to continue loading"

For some context, I am using mods, and I am on the latest version.

Replies (3)

photo

That's because playing offline as far as Steam/SE is concerned is different from offline as far as worldsaves is concerned.

When you play offline for Steam/SE, you're playing with a dummy steam ID. And since SE saves worlds, mods, blueprints and god knows what else are stored in a subfolder tied to your steam ID, it can't (or more like "doesn't bother to") find what you've been playing while online.

There are plenty of bug and feedback reports about this all over the place already complaining about this (as old as four years like https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/steam-offline-but-offline-world-wont-load, and probably older still) but Keen just doesn't give a flying rat's arse. Instead of working to remove the existing suck from the game to make it the good one it could be, they rather concentrate on making a mediocre game available on more platforms so that more people can enjoy the suck.

photo

Hello, Mr. Smash,

thank you for contacting us. The online and offline saves are stored in two different folders. You can access them here: type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves

There will be two folders. One starting with 1234..... (used for offline saves) and the other one will have unique number and is used for online saves. If you want to play your online save, simply go in the the online folder containing it and copy and paste it to the offline folder.

Please let me know if it helped or if you need any help from me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!