This object is in archive! 

A player character with a grinder VS A ship - hydromen fix

Falcon shared this feedback 11 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I love the pvp aspect of the game. The fact that you can show of your creation by fighting other players is such a great thing, however in most public servers that expierience can be easily ruined by the opponents just grinding down your ship as turrets can't properly hit the player due to the agility of the jetpack.

So heres the fix I propose: make the turrets have guarantied damage against players if the game detects that a turret has been shooting the player a little too long. It essentially means bullets with no travel time or raycasts that are used only against players and not other ships.

I realize that the game heavily hinges on simulating as many things realisticly as possible but this issue is just too big to be ignored. Ships shouldn't be scared of a player with a grinder.

Replies (1)

photo

The problem with nerfing hydromen is that it could kill daring infiltrations at high speeds. Personally I want hydromen gone but it shouldn't mean taking away a fun part of the game. I guess it would push players toward assault pods. Another possibility would be a shotgun-type anti-player weapon (turret?). It would make it hard to get really close, but it wouldn't be very effective at longer range. You could probably make a custom turret but it would be expensive because gatlings shoot in straight lines and not in cones so you'd need a complex geometry to cover big areas.

photo

I don't think infiltrating just with your jetpack should be a thing either, the player should use a ship or at the very least find a blind spot on a ship to infiltrate it.

And I mean the kind of infiltration of 800m of flight to the turret without being touched. I don't want the player to die as soon as they leave their cockpit.

I like the idea for a shotgun turret however I don't know if it isn't too elaborate for keen to implement as just a balance change and another thing would be that not everyone would want to use a shotgun like that on all their ships.

photo

I guess I agree with you, it should be possible to fully protect a ship with turrets against hydromen, but it should be hard. It should have the typical curve in which the last 20% to full protection requires you to make sacrifices in other areas of the ship.

photo

Also astronauts should not survive being hit with a gatling gun bullet.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file