This object is in archive! 

Savegame

Andreas Kempf shared this bug 17 months ago
Solved

Hello,

When i try loading my savegames the game says that i have to activate the experimental mode because of an old file format.

I played the savegame yesterday and everything was ok.

I have no mods installed.

All offical DLC´s installed.

When i try to start a new game i can no longer start an empty world because this starting option is no longer available in the user defined starting options.

Another thing was strange today i had to sign the DSVGO and the mod.io rules again and my Engineer Char was resett to the original one without my changes.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Andreas!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing these issues.

Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issues you are experiencing?

Does the world save load correctly after you enable the Experimental Mode?

Also, have you recently reinstalled the game or made any changes such as moving the game to a new drive or modifying the game's primary folder's name? Alternatively, are you returning to the game after a long period of time, like several months or years?

Additionally, are you using any plugins in the game? If so, we kindly request you to remove the plugin and check if the issue persists.

If there are no plugins installed, we recommend verifying the game files on Steam to see if that resolves the issue. To do this,

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

If the issue persists, kindly try the following workarounds as well ;

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If none of these workarounds resolve the issues you have experienced, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the missing starting option for the empty world, as well as the world save file that encountered the old file format issue, along with the log files when experiencing these issues.

• You can access your world save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I didn´t changed the folder or the drive and i am not using any plug-ins.

I reinstalled the game and checked the game integrity but the probs were still there.

The fun is i dont know why but like 30 minutes after reinstall and the last try of loading a savegame the most probs are gone.

Only one prob is still there i have to load the savegames in experimental mode but now they are loading and i can play.

Also the Empty World is now available.

Don´t know what the problem was ^^

photo

Hello, Andreas!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to know that most of your problems have been resolved.

Regarding enabling experimental mode on saved worlds on load, it might be happening because these previously saved worlds may have been created when the experimental mode was disabled, and now since you have enabled the mode, old saved worlds need to load with enabled experimental mode. But as you have mentioned, these old saves now can be played, we assume there is no further assistance needed from our side, so we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!