Game Keep crashing for no reason.

Cameron B shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

Game will run for a few minutes then crash for no reason. My PC had a short/power cut earlier this month and I thought it was that, so I grabbed all my blueprints and moved them to a new world to see if that would fix it but same problem. So I did a fresh install of SE and removed all unnecessary mods and everything else that I didn't need and still same problem, can someone please look into this and see what's going on.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Cameron B,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If none of these advices work, then please share the newly generated log with me again.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

So After ALOT of testing the nanites mod is causing the crashing. I messaged one of the devs that made it and I'm still waiting on a response. I remember reading something that he mentioned that the Mod was getting outdated because he isn't a coder. still don't know what's causing it but after I removed the mod game was fine.

photo
photo

Hello, Cameron B,

thank you for updating me on the issue. I am glad you found the source of it and you can now enjoy Space Engineers without crashing.

I am closing this thread since you not longer need my assistance. Please, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file