Ship / ship tool inventory bar is not functioning

Jagodragon shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

just what the title says.

my ships inventory is full to the brim and and the bar says I'm empty.

https://i.imgur.com/NurHEjO.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/NDPXEF3.jpeg

Replies (4)

photo

I have tried this in multiple saves with multiple ships and keep getting the same results.

photo

Please close this as i have figured out that it's my own issue

photo

Hello, Jagodragon,

thank you for reaching our forum regarding your problem.

Can you please provide me more information? What exactly is wrong?

I can see from your images, that your blocks inventories are indeed full (or nearly full as next boulder of ore would exceed the value limit).

But when I did try it on my side, and put the drills into the toolbar, everything is working just fine.

Please note that when in cockpit, and pressing G, you will be redirected to a toolbar settings screen. There, you have categories like "All blocks", "Block tools" and "Groups".

If you choose the block from "All blocks" or "Groups" category, when drag and drop the block on the toolbar, there will be a dropdown menu with options (Turn the block On, Off and so on). That way you will have the selected option visible on toolbar.

However, it seems that you choose the block from the "Block Tools" category, as you have no status shown there. If you assign the block tool like this, it is automatically assigned with "Activate on mouse button press". You can try this by assigning other blocks there in similar manner as well, e.g. grinder. Now, when you have this setting, by pressing <1> you activate the drills when pressing LMB, if you press <2> the action on LMB press will activate the grinder. And so on.

The toolbar was never used to view the inventory capacity and/or volume of the block inventory.

So if this is what you had in mind, this is not a bug as there is nothing wrong.

If you had something different in mind, please provide me more information with a video and steps to reproduce so I can understand fully what you are referring to.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Jagodragon,

oh, thank you for the update.

Happy to hear that indeed there is no issue in this.

As per your request, I will close this thread now.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file