Welders not fixing blocks

Ethan Gehrke shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

I am having an issue where welders will not repair any damage to a block after a collision with a small grid. You must grind the block down and weld it back for the block not to need welding.

Link to small video: welders not welding

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Ethan Gehrke,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share your affected save with me? Please also take out any mods before attaching here.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Would it matter if it is a dedicated server?

photo
photo

Hello, Ethan Gehrke,

if you are playing on a dedicated server which is run by you, then you can find the saves here:

- Type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. Then just follow \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.

If it is dedicated server which is run by, for example your friend, then you can ask them to send you the save file.

If you are playing on an official server, then you can give me the GPS coordinates and your name in the game and I will investigate it there.

If it is unofficial server which is not run by someone you know, you can try to contact the admin if possible.

Hope this helped you.

Kind regards,

photo

Here is what I have. Note the grid has been manually repaired by grinding down the block fully and rebuilding it.

photo

Here we are. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CNdZYy0stkbqx58AIDXprBrCnc0Pw9rH/view?usp=sharing

The file is to big even to zip up and it does not warn you the file size is to big until the upload is done.

photo
photo

Hello, Ethan Gehrke,

I am sorry but did you attach any save? I cannot help you without seeing the effected block in game.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Ethan Gehrke,

I am sorry but when I opened your save there were not any grids, only open space. Unfortunately, I cannot test your save with mods. Can you please send me a vanilla save with the bug?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file