problem in conversion from station to ship.

Nahuel Malaponte shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

hello. I have a problem with a ship. I built it to transport a rover and when I finished using it I converted it into a station to recharge the batteries through wind generators.

I had already done this and it hadn't given me any problems. but today I tried to return the ship to the station and it gives me an error saying that it could not be converted to a ship.

I tried to load previous games but I can't fix it at the moment.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Nahuel,

thank you for reaching our forum with your issue.

Can you please share more information with me?

It would be best if you can send me the save file, so I can take a look myself what might be wrong there.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

hello. The problem persisted and I chose to ignore it temporarily, so I ended up moving my character quite far.

The station that gives me the problem is in the desert with the name "sky lander" I don't know if it appears on the antennas but you will know how to do it. any recent game already has the bug so I leave it in your hands. Thanks so much for the help.

Pd: dejo la carpeta adjunta en formato .zip

photo

I downloaded your save and opened it. Your ship was in voxel. You either built something or it just merged somehow. Once a ship is in voxel and its converted to a station, you can not convert back till the voxel is removed. I was able to cut and past the ship (the first thing the keen forum help should have told you to do since this bug is as old as the game its self) and then convert to ship. to enable the ability to cut and paste you have to turn on admin tools in the alt-f10 menu. Enable creative tools (admin tools) by checking the box. Then control-x to delete/cut the grid, followed by control-v to paste it above ground. make sure you turn on the thrusters, and dampers before doing this or the ship will fall when you convert to ship from station. Hope this helps, unlike requesting more info for a known bug that 99% is the ship is in voxel. Iam sure it will be more helpfull then being redirected to a dead three year old post like I was.

photo

Thank you very much sir.I'm going to try that so since my English is mediocre I had a hard time finding information and the use of vulgar language in English games doesn't help translations so I ended up dying in this old and reliable method.

photo

Sry for my bad english.

The withe lights of the under ship!!! Its a reason of the bug. 

But is fine. By the this colision area its in on the ground

My explained?

Pd really thenks for the help. 

Im stay waiting for the response of this bug for take the desicion

photo

Hello, Nahuel,

thank you for the save file.

Nicholas is actually correct. Copy-pasting the grid and then turning it into the ship is the easiest way how to fix your problem.

You can also try to dig your ship out of the voxels beneath/around it either simply by drill or by using voxel hand.

After I dug out your ship from the voxels around it (see image), everything was fine and I was able to convert your grid back to ship even without copy-paste/using admin tools.

As there is nothing really broken from our side and we have found a solution for it, I will close this thread now.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file