This object is in archive! 

AI recorder block waypoint navigation bug.

Joshua Miles shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

After having A LOT of trouble with getting my recorder block to actually follow it's waypoints I finally found where the issue seems to lie, if precision mode is turned on the recorder block seems to get stuck and unable to find its waypoints, with the build vision mod installed the info being given by the AI blocks is "Moving to pathfinding vertex" and all it will do is spin in place and twitch about, the second that precision mode is turned off it will immediately begin moving and the block data changes to "Moving to waypoint 0" and all is well until it fails to lock to a connector because precision mode is now off. I've built around 100 test drones on earth like and in space testing this and about 80% of the time they would randomly lose their ability to follow waypoints at some point during their path and change to "moving to pathfinding vertex" if precision mode was on during their flight and the issue never seems to occur with precision mode turned off, however as everyone building drones with the new AI blocks knows if you don't have precision mode on and the AI block directly above your connector, good luck getting it to connect ever.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Joshua Miles,

thank you for contacting us. Can you please provide me with an unmodded save file where you experience this issue as I was not able to recreate it? When precision mode is activated it changes the behavior of the drone which requires moving waypoints up for docking to connectors. Of course the position of the block itself plays a role as well, so I would like to test it out in your save.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!