Phantom Parachutes

Nicholas Lynd shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

This is an odd bug I encountered in the private server game I have set up. Parachutes set to auto will deploy phantom chutes dragging your grid backwards slowing you down fast or pulling the nose up. Tested this on multiple grids. They appear to "deploy" with zero canvass applying the affect a parachute gives you. Never noticed this behavior in the past and I would guess something in the last few updates has "adjusted" how they are working.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Nicholas,

thank you for letting us know.

However, it is not working on my side as you are describing.

Can you please provide me more information?

It would be the best if you can share me a video (where taken steps would be visible) of this issue happening along with the save file so I can try it in your exact environment as well.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Any more information that you can share would help me as well.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

We were able to narrow down due to some testing that this appears to only happen is speeds above 100m/s which requires moding for. The private server I play on has a speed mod Relative Top Speed, that is set for a top speed of 400m/s. When reaching speeds in gravity over 100m/s, with parachutes set to auto deploy at 1000m's, no canvass, and maintaining an altitude below the 1000m's chutes can deploy. Im sure this is an unintended response by the chute due to the speed of the object in gravity. I can work on getting some video of the problem this weekend. I will attempt to get a game save set up to send to you, in which the problem was replicated.

photo

Hello, Nicholas,

thank you for the update. Does it mean that this issue is not reproductible in vanilla world? Please keep in mind that we do not and can not support mods as there are hundreds and probably thousands of them out there.

It's the mod creator/owner responsibility to make sure their mods are working fine with the current game version.

Same goes with scripts and plugins.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file