Global Weather for modding planets

stonelords shared this bug 11 months ago
Reported

This been a issue for probably as long as weather been in and I'm surprised no one else made a ticket but the tag <GlobalWeather> does not work on planets when set to true you just don't get any weather spawning at all and force random weather doesn't work either on that planet.

Best Answer
photo

The issue seems to be that CreateRandomWeather() has this condition right after GlobalWeather:

if (this.GetWeather(planet.PositionComp.GetPosition()) == null && planet.Generator.WeatherGenerators[0] != null)
but GetWeather() doesn't return null, it returns "Clear" if there's no weather (you can see this in its method code).

Replies (2)

photo

The issue seems to be that CreateRandomWeather() has this condition right after GlobalWeather:

if (this.GetWeather(planet.PositionComp.GetPosition()) == null && planet.Generator.WeatherGenerators[0] != null)
but GetWeather() doesn't return null, it returns "Clear" if there's no weather (you can see this in its method code).

photo

Also here's the EarthLike definition I tested with, place in:

%appdata%/SpaceEngineers/Mods/AnyFolder/Data/EarthLike.sbc
and start any world with that mod, go to earth or spawn earth and try /rweather in chat or just wait 5s for weather to trigger itself.

photo
photo

Hello, stonelords,

thank you for contacting us. I reported the issue into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file