This object is in archive! 

Game crashes on Windows 11 i9 13900k/4090 PC but not on Window 10 i9 11900k/3090 ti PC.

Bryan Jones shared this bug 17 months ago
Solved

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Bryan!

Thank you for writing to us.

Please try the following workarounds on the PC where you're experiencing the game crash issue.

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If the issue persists, kindly send us the log files when the game crash happens.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

A reinstall fixed it even with using the old appdata files.

Mods that stopped working with the recent updates are working again so I will be reinstalling my i9 11900k/3090 ti game as well.

Thanks.

photo

Hello, Bryan!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!