This object is in archive! 

Turret on subgrid not firing in the right direction

Maxime Callens shared this bug 17 months ago
Solved

Testing the custom turrets, I encountered a bug where my guns would not fire in the desired direction. It seems that their firing direction is linked to the parent of the sub grid (hinge or rotor base in my case). Turning the weapon isn't doing any changes to the real direction of the bullet but rotating the whole sub grid changes the direction of the bullet.

The bug can be fixed by reloading the save but rebuilding the weapon or making another turret make the bug appear again.

Attached are some images of the bug in action.

I'll be at your service if you need more info.

Best regards

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Maxime,

thank you for letting us know.

However, when I tried it on my side, I did not experience similar issue that you are referring to.

Can you please provide me more information?

Is this issue happening to you only in one world, or in multiple?

Are you experiencing it in single player game, in multiplayer Lobby, on dedicated server or on any other server?

Are there any mods included? If yes, can you please try this same on save where there are no mods active, please?

Can you please share me a save file where this issue can be observed, so I can load it, spawn and try it on my side as well in your exact environment?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also sharing me either video and/or exact steps to reproduce would help.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I, you will find attached the world where I encounter the bug. It was created with the never surrender scenario and the only modification was disabling the progression. I tried creating a new world using the star system preset and the bug isn't present.

To reproduce the bug, you'll have to rebuild the autocannon in front of you since the bug can be solved by reloading the save.

Best regards

photo

Hello, Maxime,

thank you so much for providing this save file with the grid there!

It was really helpful in the issue reproduction on our side.

I have managed to reproduced and put it into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!