Rotor head is auto detaching bug

Zer0limit shared this bug 11 months ago
Reported

I am inside my safe zone and when I try to add a rotor head it automatically detaches and slowly falls to the ground since I'm on the moon. Please fix as I can't make any new subgrids!

I have a screenshot loaded also

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Zer0limit,

thank you for letting us know.

However, when I did try in on my end, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

Can you please provide me more information?

Where are you experiencing this issue? Is it reproducible in single player, in Lobby online mode, on dedicated server or on other server(s)?

Is your Safe zone set properly?

Is this happening with every rotor that you try (and all variants)?

Are there any mods included? If yes, did you also try to reproduce this issue in the world without any mods?

Can you please share me a blueprint of this affected grid and/or save file where this issue can be observed?

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

It would also help if you could share a video of how you manage to trigger this issue or provide me exact steps to reproduce.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hey Ondrejm, thanks for replying so fast!

I do understand it's a strange issue as I think the problem may be only with rotors that existed before the subgrid explosion bug the Devs fixed. All new rotors seem to work fine. I could just grind down the old ones and make new ones but that would be ignoring a possible larger underlying issue that might affect future development.

To answer you questions, here is a list of answers.

I'm experiencing this issue on Vanilla Keen server CA #2.

It's not reproduceable in single player, in Lobby online mode, on dedicated server or on other server since the issue seems to be with rotors created before the Devs fixed the subgrid bug.

Yes my safezone is set properly and to illustrate it I had a control in my experiment. The old rotors heads just fall off while the new rotor has no issues adding a head to it under the same safezone.

This is only happening to rotors existing before the Devs fixed the subgrid issue recently.

No mods are being used.

Yes I can share the blueprint of the grid. I pasted it in creative mode and the issue is still there.

A video? sure thing. Here is a youtube upload I made to show you and your team what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS7RXRj2Rw

I also attached a screenshot of the different rotor settings if the video was too fast and the blueprint.

Message me in discord if needed as I have the same name.

photo

Please let me know if you had a moment to check all the information you were seeking. I think the video explains it best visually.

photo
photo

as i know you cant place block/grind/weld/shot in the safe zone area in the economy stations, maybe this is related.

photo

This is my own safezone. There are 2 rotors not working properly explained above. Check youtube for visual explanation.

photo

i did tnx, i saw this before, some players reported and one posted a clip about showing this exact bug in multiplayer, not sure if they were using saf zone

photo
photo

Hello, Zer0limit,

thank you for the blueprint and video. The safe zone was not the issue here and I was able to reproduce the behavior. I reported it into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS7RXRj2Rw this clip here thread opener posted

i saw this bug before, some players reported it and one posted a clip about showing this exact bug in multiplayer in the Discord server help-se channel, not sure if they were using safe zone.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file