Stolen Welders, can not weld specific blocks

Chibok shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

Hallo, recently i came around an issue which might be affecting others but is reluctant to be reported.

Specific Blocks as Timer, Sensor, Ai Control, Lights and the Med bay, can NOT be welded from projection using the Welders of another person.

Here is how I reproduced the issue:

1. Get the Welders of an enemy faction.

2. Load a projection including any of the above mentioned blocks

3. Set Welders to owned by "nobody" and "Help Others"

4. Try to weld the projection.

Any but the above mentioned blocks will be welded.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Chibok,

thank you for letting us know.

Issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Adding Cameras to the list

photo

Adding Batteries to the List

photo

Add every type of block to the list. The created welders of ANY OFFLINE PLAYER will not weld any projection, regardless of the set "owner" of the welder block at that moment. I have reproduced this problem within my faction, and with "scavenged" welders from enemy or neutral players. These welders will briefly work if the player has recently logged out while the one using them is still online, but any server restart, game restart, or server relog will once again stop them from working.

Curiously, this glitch also extends to projector blocks, as when I try to weld a faction member's projection with his welders, it won't work, and if I try to weld it by hand I am INSTANTLY KICKED FROM THE SERVER. One accidental click with a deployed welder and I'm disconnected.

While I don't know what causes me to be kicked from the server from welding a projection I don't own, I suspect the issue with welder blocks has to do with the PCU ownership. Specifically, that the game needs an active "creator" on the server in order to assign authorship to the proper person, which it can't do if the one who own's the welder's PCUs is offline.

photo

This is incorrect. Welders of Neutral & Enemy Factions do weld projections. This issue only affects the mentioned blocks. Proof of concept can be seen in the attached Screenshot. The complete GRid has been welded from projection, while the mentioned blocks remain unwelded.

photo

This doesn't match my experience, as no blocks can be constructed using hacked or borrowed blocks of offline players. While I can place the blocks by hand and have the welder finish them, they will never "create" new blocks if their original owner is offline.

photo

There is a way, borrowed welders will create new blocks from projections.

photo
photo

I'd love to hear more about this, if you wished to send me the information via Discord my handle is Mithridates Rex#8437.

photo

Dear Player,

We wanted to inform you that we have removed the ability to transfer blocks to "nobody." As a result, the issue you reported is no longer relevant, and we will be closing the ticket as obsolete.

Thank you again for your report, and we appreciate your contribution to improving the game.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file