Event Controllers not triggering their assigned actions on multiplayer server

Devin Morgan shared this bug 11 months ago
Reported

I am trying to use some Event Controllers on a small grid to monitor the percentage of a large hydrogen tank. I have one that triggers a timer block when the percentage of hydrogen is less than or equal to 25% (the ship is low on fuel, begin docking sequence), one that turns stockpiling on when a connector is connected (ship is docked, begin refueling), and one that triggers another timer block when the percentage of hydrogen is greater than or equal to 100% (refueling complete, undock and resume previous task). While testing this in single player in creative mode, the event controllers work but on a multiplayer server in survival mode, they do not work. I am able to see that the output changes in the control terminal yet the corresponding action slots do not get triggered. I constructed the ship in the survival server using an automated ship building setup that uses merge blocks as these ships were meant to be produced in large numbers very quickly

Replies (2)

photo

I have the same problem, but I noticed it really comes into effect when I am offline. Rather than simply "pausing" while I am away, the grid continues to run down its power/fuel until it crashes, and doesn't follow its programmed actions to return to base. My thinking is that if the ship is using power and fuel while I am away it should also be following its directives and waypoints, not simply hanging out until it dies.

photo

For me, it happens regardless of weather I'm offline or not.

photo
photo

Hello, Devin Morgan,

thank you for reporting to us. I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file