This object is in archive! 

no respawn ships or options

asdf shared this bug 17 months ago
Won't Fix

every new world I create beyond the very first one I have ever made will not let me play at all. i leave the world settings on default and just start a custom scenario. NONE of them work. It shows my character spawning in free fall and dies on the ground without giving me the option to activate jetpack or open any admin menus or anything other than the escape menu. The respawn menu appears once i die and no option to respawn exists because it does not make a new respawn ship at all. Ive reloaded the game countless times, verified all the respawn settings are checked and still the same issue occurs. I am very upset that i bought a game that only lets me have one world to play on and am considerably afraid to delete that world as there is no guarantee that if i make a new one itll work either. To top it all of there is nobody around with the same issue so i have no idea how to fix this. Im going to be even more upset if i have to reinstall the 30 Gig game every time i want to make a new world because of this terrible glitch. Verifying game files on steam does nothing either.

Summery, create new custom world(any of them), spawn in dead, game over, no respawn ships generate period.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, asdf,

thank you for reaching us regarding your issue.

Can you please share more information with me?

What game did you launch successfully? Are you able to play on the first world without issues (save/load)? Is it single player game?

Are you able to join any multiplayer servers (Keen official)?

Can you share me log file from your game?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

You can also try these general fixes/workaround first:

• Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from above works. If no, please share me the log file.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

i am able to join multiplayer servers, its singleplayer is the issue. the world i was able to make and the ONLY one was able to make was the star system custom game.

everything is updated

photo

Hello, asdf,

thank you for the VRage log file. However, I would also need the other one (SpaceEngineers_(some numbers)) log file as that can give more information about what is actually going on in the game.

Can you please share me that as well?

Please make sure that you do this bugged actions (creating new game, loading in, spawning there...) on the game session from which you send me the log.

Kind Regards

photo

it seems you have permadeath and not regenerate ships in the advanced settings

photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!