Window 10 one drive sync corrupt save

REV4666 shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello I am unsure if this is a known issue or not

When I have One-drive from Windows 10 syncing, many time it blocks SE from saving and corrupt the saved file. The autosaving function does not always report that it failed to save and sometimes it does.

When trying to load a save game SE says that the files may have been corrupted. When that happens I try to restart the computer (Just restarting SE does not work) and it usually works again but not always (I had to completely scrap a few games because of that)

As a temporary solution before I start the SE I pause the One-Drive Sync and the problem of not saving correctly is fixed.

SE is the only game that I have a problem with that.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, REV4666,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try to exclude the Space Engineers file from the One-Drive sync.

-You can access your it by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you for letting me know if it worked.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello and thank you for responding.

That is what I find the weirdest, from everything I can see One-drive should not be touching anything in the roaming folder. It backup my desktop, my documents folder, my image folder, and my password-safe folder and that is it

I verified both on my computer and online to see if there was anything else and I could not see anything

And I am anticipating your next suggestion and seeing if there was a link inside those folders that would redirect to anything in the roaming folder and the answer is no.

I also checked the size of the saves folder in SE is a bit over 16GB and the size of the space used in the One drive backup is under 0.2GB so it doesn't back up the SE folder in my roaming profile

I wish I could be more helpful, But I have no idea why it does that, it's an annoyance that I can live with since I only back up stuff that is important to me (Like my taxes and stuff). and I know I need to pause my One-drive sync when playing SE

But I wanted to let you know that this is an issue that could cause corrupt game saves to other players as well and they might not make the link to One-drive

If you can think of anything I might try please let me know

Thank you and have a good day

photo

Hello, REV4666,

the only thing that comes to my mind is that documents or your desktop could be linked with Steam and then One-drive could be trying to backup some files from Steam and that is causing the game to not function properly. Unfortunately I cannot help you more since this seems more like a One-drive problem rather than Space Engineers.

I am sorry I cannot help you, but thank you for this information as it will help other players who experience the same problem as you. Also thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will close this ticket now and I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file