Every armour block has an internal shadow under spotlighting since PS beta.

Shumba shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

Every armour block has an internal shadow under spotlighting since PS beta.

Please see attached image.

This was a bug in the game previously but to a far, far less notable level. It is now very notable!

The effect happens when you have a spotlight shining ‘across’ armour blocks, each block gets a shadow form across it, when it should not. It’s kinda ugly looking!

Please fix O.o?

Side note:

In addition, to my understanding the PS beta came with some adjustments to shaders and such.

Can’t lie, I could tell right away as the game loaded. My first impression was that everything seemed a little more flat and textureless. Then I noticed the bug I just described.

Just some feedback there, it’s instantly noticeable.

I can’t see any reason why you would not have a different set of graphical options for each system PC, Xbox, PS.. There is no real reason to compromise one system for another in this area. But do correct me if I’m wrong. – That may sounds a bit like a rant, but that is not my intent I am happy that more users are gaining access to the game. I am genuinely curious as to why dev are taking the option they are here.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Shumba,

thank you for contacting us. Can you please provide me with more information? I tested it on both v201 and v202 and I could see no change, however the newest update did bring some changes to shading (for example darker colors at night). I am not sure if you are referencing this. Can you also please try this in vanilla world? If possible also try to send me a world where you are testing this.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

When it comes to different graphical setting, having multiple settings for each individual mode is not possible and it is better to have uniform settings as it makes the game more coherent. I hope you understand this decision and I am sorry if it is making your experience worse. Thank you for understanding :)

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file