Multiplayer favourites and history are always empty

AdaRynin shared this bug 11 months ago
Won't Fix

Since I have owned the game, the server favourites and history have never displayed anything. Could you tell me in which local file these servers are stored, so I can check if I have it or edit it manually?

In several other bug reports QA asks how to reproduce this. So this works for everyone else?

What can I tell you how to reproduce something not happening? Let's try:

To join, I usually use

- Steam matchmaking (I click the host's Profile or the host invites me), or

- I join a Keen server, or

- I click the Direct Conect button and paste in the URL:port.

The Direct Connect dialog has a checkbox to add the Server to Favourites (but nothing ever happens).

The checkbox seems to have three states, is that part of the bug or a rendering bug on my end? The checkbox is either an empty rectangle (I assume that means "no"), or a rectangle with a filled rectangle on the inside ("yes"), or filled completely (no idea what that means). In none of these three states, the dialog adds the server to history/favourites.

I have verified the game files a few times since I installed the game on my current PC (before that, I don't recall) and it had no effect on favourites/history.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Please follow the steps below on the Join Game screen to reset the server filter options to default. This might help you see the Favorite servers on the list:

1. Go to the Favorites tab.
  2. Click on the Advanced button (next to search box).
  3. Click on the Defaults button.
  4. And, click on the Search button again.

Your Favorites servers should now appear in the list. Please make sure you have selected the correct filter for Steam or EOS servers.

Kindly note that Favorites servers will only display in the list when they are up and running. Additionally, when Direct Connecting (with the "Add server to Favorites" checkbox enabled), the server will only be added to your favorites if you have successfully joined them.

If you are still unable to see any servers in the Favorites tab, kindly send us a screen recording/video when Direct Connecting to the server (with the "Add server to Favorites" checkbox enabled).

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

OMG I have been having this issue for years and I never noticed the Defaults button, I assumed I had the settings all to any, but obviously not. Thank you.

Edit: HAS PASSWORD, that was it, I had it to to only show servers with passwords...I'm so dumb...

photo
photo

Thanks! Do you think there was just a filter preventing me from seeing them?

I did that and logged on to an official server and at least that showed up under history. I'll get back to you whether private games and dedicated servers are remembered now, as well, haven't joined one yet after the settings change.

photo

Hello, AdaRynin,

thank you for updating us one the issue. Can I ask if all the private games and servers are remembered now as well?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file