vers. 1.202.1, PC: "Please apply windows updates and update to latest graphics drivers."

Max Para shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

After updating to Windows 10 22H2, Space Engineers will not boot for me anymore. Updating my Nvidia graphics drivers did not fix this.

I can launch the game, but during the loading popup a message box will appear, instructing me to "Please apply windows updates and update to lates graphics drivers," and crash with logs.

All the relevant software for this crash condition, to my knowledge, is up-to-date.

The log is attached.

Thank you for reading into my issue, any help or assistance is appreciated.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Max Para,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following:

Delete ShaderCache folder

-You can access it by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Update your graphic drivers

Do a clean install

Thank you in advance for letting me know if anything worked.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for getting back to me. I deleted my shader cache and made sure my graphics drivers were installed correctly, and my game is now functioning as-normal.

I did not need to do a clean install, but I did use Steam's "Verify integrity of game files..." function just-in-case.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Max Para

photo
photo

Hello, Max Para,

thank you for writing back. I am happy your problem was resolved. I will close this thread now.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file