Whisper Command Not working

Dax shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

Following the recent update that adds icons in front of player names, we are no longer able to use the /w chat command to send a private message to a player. When trying we receive a "player not found" error.

We can still use the Comms window in the K Menu.

I suspect that it is registering the new icon as part of the name which as players we are not able to replicate in chat.

When looking at the my player name from the Vrage Remote I see a • added to the beginning of player names

Replies (7)

photo

I can confirm that it the icon acts as a character and typing the name we see after icon fails. i would have to copy the icon and paste it in when typing the name in order for whisper to work.

Although I can use /w, a space, then tab through the names and it works as expected.

For names with spaces I have to include the Icon inside the quotes. Chat considers the platform icon to be part of the name it seems

photo

Same thing, not really sure how deep it goes. I haven't tested the mod api stuff if it actually returns names with icons now :D.

photo

Hello, Engineers,

thank you for letting us know.

Issue was successfully reproduce on our side.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Just to add something here. The icon is stored in the sandbox data and is used in all the name stuff from the mod api etc...

This is surely not correct :D

Files: wtf.png
photo

Adding on to this as well.

Players who have been online since the update get the icons added to their names, though somehow a few players are assigned all 3 icons even on non-EOS servers.

photo

Fixed in 202.117

photo

Thank you so much team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file