This object is in archive! 

Opening G-Menu slow for other players

TassetteCape shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

Found a older bug report mentioning this; but i figured i'd open a new one up.

I have many reports from players on my server saying that opening the G-menu is slow.

However for some reason it is not slow for me at all (Not sure if its because i'm an Admin?) tested with both creative mode tools on and off for me.

Running a dedicated server.

Edit: Upon further inspection i thought it didnt happen to me with creative mode tools off, it does. Testing to see if its possibly tied to progression?

Best Answer
photo

Solved the issue; It was progression all along, forgot i had to change that setting in 2-3 different spots....

something is messing with progression when it comes to modded blocks...

ive spent the last 3-4 days trying to figure this out to anyone who stumbles across this... turn off progression in your worlds save

i turned it off in the Sandbox.sbc and SandboxConfig.sbc

Replies (5)

photo

Update; Not tied to progression.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share further information concerning this issue?

Do the players on your server experience lag only on G-Menu/screen?

Are there any MODs active on your server? If so, the issue may be occurring because of obsolete or broken MODs. Kindly review the active MODs on your server and remove those that are obsolete or broken.

If the server is vanilla (with no active MODs), could you ask the players experiencing this issue, to lower their graphic quality preset (Options → Graphics → Quality Preset → change it to Low/Mid → save the changes) and check if they still experience the issue with G-Menu?

If the issue persists, kindly send your server's saved world where players have experienced the issue and if possible, a screen recording/video from a player showing the g-screen/menu issue happening on their end.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

as far as i know its only occuring with the G-menu sceen

yes theres approx 90 mods and ive been weeding through them to try and figure out what one may be causing it

any defining factors to look for in the log that would be directly related to the Gmenu opening (what to look for error wise for the Gmenu) it didnt do this as far as i know before the automatons update and im running roughly the same mods that i was previously on a prior server (actually less mods but mostly the same ones)

Also; Why would it do it in survival mode, but when you're in creative mode the G-menu opens up instantly?

photo

Solved the issue; It was progression all along, forgot i had to change that setting in 2-3 different spots....

something is messing with progression when it comes to modded blocks...

ive spent the last 3-4 days trying to figure this out to anyone who stumbles across this... turn off progression in your worlds save

i turned it off in the Sandbox.sbc and SandboxConfig.sbc

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!