Need to reset "Always aim at sun" every day

kitsu_eb shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

I'm using the new Custom Turret Controller (CTC) option to power an asteroid base and it works really well... while it works. It seems like whenever the camera is in shadow for a few minutes the tracking turns off and never turns back on. Toggling the CTC block off/on has no effect, but toggling aim at sun gets tracking to work again.

I'm playing local single player with the default day length and a few mods, but no mods that change the CTC. I haven't tried it on a planet yet (because wind), but I used it on the moon during the beta and didn't see this problem.

I would prefer if it would track through obstacles, or at least go into polling mode when it "loses" the sun.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, kitsu_eb,

thank you for writing to us about the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please provide me more information?

When I did try it on my end, everything is working fine.

Can you please share me your save file so I can take a look myself in your exact environment?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also please make sure that there is another source of power (e.g. battery), so the CTC and the solar panels actually have some power so the grid can be operated and have enough power for the CTC to rotate the solar panels towards the sun.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Note that I added a self-trigger timer on a 2 hr cycle to toggle sun tracking. It was a poor fix, but more reliable then my memory.

photo
photo

Hello, kitsu_eb,

thank you for the save. However I was not able to load it without mods as the file got corrupted. I need to test this behavior in vanilla world. Can you please share a save with me which does not contain mods?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file