This object is in archive! 

Small connector / multi gird glitch

PolskiAstronaut shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

PC, game version: 1.202.068

So glitch appeared when I tried to use small connector (ejector) in automated system. For example, automated missile system, at the beginning, it's connected with small merge block and small connector (ejector). When timer block (automaton version) tries to "detach" the grid, which includes turning off merge block and disconnecting the small connector, it only turns off merge and nothing else. When I tried it manually, it worked as intended. Then I tried turning off small connector instead of detaching it. Manually it worked, but when timer tried to do this (automaton version too), a few things happened. Merge block detached, and... connector not really. This is where bug comes in. Gird is detached, but not really, its stuck in his position, and IA tries to fly away. Most important is that when I look at the Admin menu, it shows that they are separated grids. But when accessing through the control panel, it shows that they are one grid. Also, when I try to change anything in block (state, name, grid name), it automatically sets viev to the default position and option to the previous state. Even when renaming a grid, it simply puts back the old name.

Missile is welded automatically, but I checked 100 times, it didn't have any other connections to the grid. Also, I used large landing gear in static, because otherwise it shakes.

For game settings, I have damage block turned off. And for mods, I have only such as build vision block picker, easy renaming, and so on. Nothing that adds blocks or changes game mechanics.

I also have short video that shows glicth but video size is too big...

Files: 1.png

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, PolskiAstronaut,

I tried to build a simple setup of the blocks you mentioned but my timer block disconnected both the connector and merge block. Since you are using mods, can you please disable them and try again? If your issue persists then please send me your world save.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!