Event controller Losses Its setup actions and watched blocks when detaching ,moving and reattaching

rik jilleba (rockyrock3) shared this bug 12 months ago
Reported

I have been building a airlock using merge blocks to detach, move and reattach a cockpit to create an airlock that is using no depressurizing while not losing oxygen

it uses a event controller that watches the cockpit and triggers the airlock when it is occupied

the cockpit is attached using the merge blocks when static and using double hinge to move the cockpit

however when the position of the cockpit changes position if the event controller is on the Main Grid the event controller losses the the cockpit as a watched block

if the event controller is on the cockpit Grid the event controller sometimes losses the selected actions

it seems that if the reattach happens fast enough the actions are not lost, but if reattaching for some reason is delayed by a little then it does lose the selected actions (it doesn't matter if the actions are on the cockpit grid or cockpit grid)

Replies (9)

photo

I believe I am having this same issue, however, it is occurring with an automated ship assembly setup that uses merge blocks. I have constructed automated fighter drones that work fine when pasted into the world from a saved blueprint but when I weld them from a blueprint with a projector in survival and unmerge them from the "ship printer", the Cockpit, Event Controllers and Timer Blocks forget their assigned actions and showing the icon representing "block/group missing/unavailable" in their stead.

photo

Been experiencing the same problem. One build had a Merge Block attached to a Piston that would disappear from the Event Controller's watchlist from time to time upon detaching the Merge Block. I think upon separating grids the game needs a moment to assign which block goes to what grid and if it takes too long it overlaps with the Event Controller's window of operation or something.

I haven't encountered this problem when using Connectors so far.

photo

i have the same bug with a drone printer in survival where i use the same blueprint in multiple projectors. it loses the selected block.

the problem with losing actions can be worked around by putting the block you want to trigger in a group and then use the group instead of the block in the actions. i believe this is because if you put blocks in a hotbar it uses a unique block identifier that sometimes changes if merge blocks are involved. with groups the hotbar searches for the group name, so make sure your group names are unique. same thing as with losing cockpit actions in printed ships or when merging

edit: as a solution you(devs) could let us add groups to the 'selected blocks' in the event controller menu

photo

Hello, rik jilleba (rockyrock3),

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share your save or blueprint with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

here is a safe file I have included two setups of the airlock

one is setup for losing the setup actions, the other is setup for losing its selected blocks, also included a text block with basic reproduction steps and what is supposed to happen when the bug is triggered

photo
photo

I have the same problem building a automated contraption to build a space elevator. Several event controllers are in the mechanism that welds the next section and then climbs up the side of the tether. When the mechanism un-merges from the tether, the monitored blocks un-link in the event controllers. https://youtu.be/1a3JmaYNQqE?t=2517

p.s. ignore the clang explosion at the end, unrelated.

photo

Hello, rik jilleba (rockyrock3),

thank you for the detailed save and steps to reproduce. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I’m having the same issue with the event controllers losing the blocks they are watching. Been working on a scenario and had set up all the drones but now I’m finding that none of the event controllers are looking at anything. Every single event controller has dropped the blocks they were looking at. This is over power stored and cargo. I have 2 event controllers on each drone. 1 for ammo reshoot and 1 for power recharge. Now I have drones falling out of the sky!!!!!!!

photo

Experiencing the same issue, making a gate with merging/unmerging, during the merging sequence one of the event controllers loose the tracking of its block and i have to re-assign it every time the grid merges

photo

Posted a bug report with video and blueprint example aswell.

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/42256-bug-event-controller-removes-watched-blocks-when-detachingre-attaching

Following this thread, hoping for a fix in the future

Leave a Comment

Attach a file