A list of some AI block buggs.

Beacon of Wierd shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

After about 20+ hours of trying to build a mining drone with the new AI blocks I've concluded they are too buggy to actually do anything useful with, especially docking. Here is a list of bugs I've found:

1: AI doesn't account for weight properly, when a ship has a lot of weight (such as ore) the ship flies higher than the recorded path. It almost always overshoots a path, ending up smashing into things.

2: AI doesn't respect speed limit when going up/down (which is especially annoying when combined with bug 1, bye bye base here comes AI docking from above!)

3: AI doesn't take weight into account properly when going down, if the ship is heavy and the AI tries to go down it will crash into the ground.

4: AI doesn't respect the min/max angles set in the settings, sometimes it tilts too much (difficult to reproduce, but it looks like it happens when the thrust applied is far away from the center of mass).

5: Play on AI Recorder doesn't always play the action. I suspect this is because the "Play" command is a toggle command rather than an on/off command, but even when treating it as a toggle it still doesn't work properly. It would be great if all toggle commands were available as ON/OFF commands in the list, and it would also be great if all the AI commands were available in the toolbar list of actions, currently "Delete all waypoints" is missing, making it impossible to have a drone build a sequence on a new location without player intervention.

6: Precision mode doesn't align the rotation when waypoints are close to each other. The exact distance is a bit unclear, but it appears to be closer than like 10 meters.

Replies (5)

photo

I would expect that when in Precision mode with Collision Avoidance turned off, the Flight block would follow a recorded path exactly. I've been struggling to get automated docking sequences to operate because the flight module consistently fails to follow the path, either by doing a "hop" when it should be going in a straight line, or by not even trying to put itself or the task recorder onto the waypoint.

photo

Actually try running with sequence with the play button in the control panel and see if waypoints get hit. I think there might be a bug with the toolbar play on/off button.

photo
photo

I have also ween this behavior with dual thruster types and docking because I often use H2 and Ion in space. When the H2 is out, the drone will move slower and stop just about the docking connector.

photo

Hello, Beacon of Wierd,

thank you for contacting us. Please create a thread for each bug which you have encountered and describe the problem in detail there. I will answer to your first issue here.

Have you built a drone with enough power and thrusters to support the additional weight? Have you activated precise mode as well to make the drone follow the patch precisely? Can you please share your save or blueprint here so that I can test it there, as I was not able to recreate the bug in my save?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Lol "won't fix". Typical KSH.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file