Grids turning invisible, Grid is Streaming indefinetly

Chibok shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

Durring gameplay on the Official Servers ( UK#1 & UK#2 ) twice a Grid has turned invisible on me, this happened while the affected Grid was projecting a Blueprint which was in the process of being welded.

Here is what happened.

1. A projector on a stationary Grid was set to project a Blueprint.

2. A Second Grid was using Ship Welders to weld the projection

3. The Projection was Welded to about 40%

4. The only player in proximity left the Server ( UK #2 due to a server restart / UK#1 manually disconnect)

5. The player logged back into the Server and spawned at a Spawn point close to the affected Grid.

6. the "Streaming..." Notification appears, but the Grid remains invisible.

As this is happening obviously on a regular basis this destroys all purpose of playing as of now.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi team!

I've investigated the player's invisible grid and have attached both a screenshot showing the grid's in-game condition and state in the Entity List.

The grid can be grinded if you bump into it and ignore Safe Zones in the Admin Menu.

It cannot be copied, even from an attached grid that was linked via connector.

I have left the grid in Steam UK#1 for investigation and the player will not remove it from their own PCU tab.

Thanks!

Gorwyn - OGSA

photo

on an earlier occurrence of this, i was able to teleport the invisible grid out of the safezone as it was still attached to a visible ship, im not sure how this was possible as the invisible grid was the station grid that had the running safezone on it.

collision damage and/or splitting the invisible grid brought parts of it back to visible, this was my first attempt at dealing with an invisible grid so not 100% sure what actually brought the grid back to visible, the grinding to split, or the collision damage. Landing gears can also be attached to the invisible grids, just worth mentioning.

this is happening across all servers, even community servers, not sure if this is happening with torch servers

NikolasMarch - OGSA

photo

This may simply be a coincidence, but in having the same problem on my personal server, a ship I nearly finished manifested this problem, and only went invisible, I think, after I placed a projector on it and logged out. It streamed in properly after multiple logins before I gave it a projector. Said projector was never fully welded up, never mind turned on or loaded with a blueprint, I only put it down as a placeholder and I designed and welded the ship by hand in Survival otherwise. I mention this because in my furious googling, this indefinite streaming / grid not loading in seemed to be tied to projectors in the past.

The grid seems to still exist, it shows up in admin menus, can be collided with by my jetpacked self, and I was able to start grinding where its connector should be meeting the connector of the static grid to which it is drydocked. That connector doesn't that it is connected, but the grid still seems to be in place, just invisible. As far as I can tell, the invisible grid either still imagines it is connected to the visible connector, or is no longer responding to the physics engine (it's in a grav well so if the connectors unlocked, by all rights it ought to be resting on landing gear at a jaunty angle and as best I can tell, the grid is still off the ground)

When I attempt to admin-teleport to the grid, I end up 'underground' trapped in voxels on the wrong side of the surface.

photo

As an addendum, and it's a anecdotal still, but the problem may be specific to grids that use Access Panel 3, and may manifest more so on grids where Access Panel 3 has not been fully constructed when the unfinished block exists either across logins, across saves or across restarts.

The AnimationEngine mod does report problems with LargeBlockAccessPanel3, and I'm hearing reports of other servers that use hangaring having problems with access panel blocks when grids are being brought out from storage, so that seems to be a more likely culprit for this issue.

photo
photo

A couple of days ago we have experienced that issue on our own server, where I was building a large underground base inside Mars.

According to the reports we can confirm, that this is caused by partially welded blocks, and only appears to be an issue if you connect to a remote instance.

We are not sure exactly which blocks cause this issue, but we have a reproducible case where I was able to fix this issue by welding everything together while running a local instance.

Later I moved the save files to a dedicated server instance to test if this issue still persist.

To our luck the underground base grid is visible again.

I have attached both versions of the save files here.

GPS location:

GPS:Mars Hangar Entrance:985529.670493478:98717.4451180127:1607647.74169595:#FFFF0000:

photo

After further analysis I can confirm that partially welded access panels (all four types) are causing this issue.

photo

Hello, Chibok and everyone else,

thank you for reporting to us and thank you for all the comments. If everything is related to the access panel doors I managed to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is already fixed on the current version 202.114.

I'm closing this thread as Solved.

Please if you happen to experience this issue again (or any new one), do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file