Major Physics Glitch

Ethan Gehrke shared this bug 11 months ago
Solved

All of the girds in the world that were not stations seemed to glitch around tremendously, I had just loaded into my self hosted dedicated server and started grinding down a ship when the glitch occured. This affected small and large grids.

I linked the logs I could find from the DS. I have a Youtube video that I clipped as well: video I am running the default game version on experimental mode using the dedicated server from the same PC. I have Mods as well that can be found in this list: mod collection

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Engineers,

thank you so much for sharing further details with me.

With the information and saves I was able to reproduce this issue also on our side.

I have reported it internally.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (8)

photo

Can confirm this on Torch dedicated AND keen dedicated without ANY mods and with a new world.

Without mods it takes quite some time until it happens, but it does happen.

If you use any mod, that speeds up grinding, you can replicate the issue faster.

Couldnt replicate it with hand grinder tool, only ship grinder tool.

photo

That makes sense. I've had this happen twice in my world and both times were when I was grinding things down using tier 2 grinders from the tiered ship tools mod. It was like all the non static grids in my world all just imploded at the exact same time.

I couldn't get a stable repro though as after reload I was able to grind the ships down without issue.

photo
photo

Hello, Ethan,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

However, when I did try in on my end, I was not able to reproduce this issue. Can you please provide me more information?

Are there any steps to reproduce that I can follow? Is there any action that triggers this issue?

Can you please share me the world save where this issue can be triggered and observed?

Any more additional info that you can share would help as well.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

I thought that I had kept a save for this exact reason, but apparently it has been deleted. I do have a much further version of the same world, one where the glitch did not occur as I backed up from that save. The glitch occurred while grinding down a large grid that was a few km from base. It was just a regular block nothing special to my memory. I had a elite hand grinder. I was grinding a ship that had crashed. When the glitch occured it had felt like a normal lag spike that happens occasionally. Then the ship I was grinding down seemed to phase around like the flash, this killed me because I was close. When trying to respawn in the nearby large ship, I would spawn in the ceiling and die, it to seemed to be phasing around quickly. Then that is where the video picks up. We have changed the mods around, and settings since, so the world I am uploading will be different. The ship I was grinding down was next to the blue station that is in disarray. Link to download

photo

Here is a save with only one mod that includes upgraded ship grinder.

To replicate:

- spawn a few larger grids

- start grinding them with a grinder ship

- after a few seconds up to a few minutes of grinding, above mentioned bug/issue appears (grids and player are scattered throughout the map, inside voxel too, ALL subgrids evaporate, station grids and docked things not affected)

- restart server/world, everything back to normal (mobile grids in voxel desinterated, if not in voxels, grids fly through space)

- repeat

This issue also happens completly unmodded, but it takes a lot longer (last test around 30-45 mins of grinding)

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers,

thank you so much for sharing further details with me.

With the information and saves I was able to reproduce this issue also on our side.

I have reported it internally.

Kind Regards

photo

Glad you were able to repro it!

Let's hope we don't have to wait a year for the next major update to get it fixed. :D

photo

Thank you for your efforts! I am glad we could help.

photo

Good you're working on it, this happens quite a lot recently. Had to roll back our server 2 times today already. Not sure if it helps but I attached the log of our last clang event where all grids detached again (around 20:07).

photo

Hello,

Do we have anything feedback on this bug, or a potential resolution date?

Could you perhaps share the progress?

Thanks!

photo
photo

I can also confirm that the last incident on our server happened when one player started grinding.

Made a mod to remove grinders from the game for anyone who wants to protect their servers until the issue is fixed:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2972661670

photo

if you grind STATIC grid = all is ok

if grid is ship = glitch

photo

yup i'm also having this issue on my dedicated server.

its driving me NUTS and it makes playing on DS very very frustrating....

photo

Had this happen more than I can count on a dedicated Server I was playing on.

As mentioned above it only happens when grinding Ship Grids. Stations seem to be completly fine.

Once the bug occurs you get teleported into nearby voxels and all subgrids and ships that are not docked are gone after the next restart. I can't speak for singleplayer though. Might be worth a try.

photo

Happens in single player too. I've had to start collecting things now waiting for a fix so I can grind them down without all of my stuff imploding.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is already fixed on the current version 202.114.

I'm closing this thread as Solved.

Please if you happen to experience this issue again (or any new one), do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file