Welders not welding from projection

Louis Mantey shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

Since automatons

No matter if creative or survival, the welder having all necessary resources and plenty of power it only repairs damaged blocks but doesn’t build projections :(

Please fix

Btw (Automatons) awesome update

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Louis,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

However, when I tried, everything was working just fine for me. Can you please provide me more information?

What exactly is that you are trying to do? Is it when using the personal hand welder or with ship welder? Or both?

Are you sure you have set everything right for the projection as well?

Please note that there needs to be at least one block from the main grid touching at least one block of the grid in projection (see my image). You can then weld those blocks that are touching each other.. then you would have more blocks welded (already from the projection) and you can weld others that are in touch with welded ones.

You can also check with "Show only buildable" option in the setting of the projector. If this option is ticked, you will see what blocks are meeting the requirements to be welded.

If you think that you have everything right and properly set, can you please share me a video of this issue on your side and provide me the save file (and some blueprint as well that you are having troubles with) where this issue can be observed? Please make sure that there are no mods on the provided world.

For save:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprint:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file