Soft lock due to dialogue box

Link Owen shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

In my single player creative world, I selected all grids in the entity list, and accidentally clicked 'remove inactive owner and his grids' instead of 'remove selected' and it gave me the error messages 'cannot remove yourself' and 'no owner' and would not exit the dialogs when clicking the ok button.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

In the Single Player mode, you cannot remove yourself from the entity list. Concerning the "No Owner" dialogue box, when we tried to replicate it at our end, the dialogue box was closed by clicking the OK button, and the grids with dead owners (or, assigned to Nobody) were removed, which is an expected behavior.

It is quite possible that you might be getting multiple "No Owners" dialogue boxes open, for that you need to click on the OK button for closing each of them.

Could you kindly share a screen recording/video showing the dialogue box issue happening at your end and also the world save file where you experienced this issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file