This object is in archive! 

Event Controller Forgetting Block Bug

Mike LaBorde shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

Block: Event Controller Block

Bug: Event Controller keeps settings but does not track the block its set up to observe

Event: Controller set up to observe Cargo full %, when under 50% activate events.

Events include turning on Sorter and Assembler

Sorter drains comps from Assembler into Cargo

Assembler creates preset comps to fill Cargo

over a period of time the lights on the block go green and stop watching the cargo block.

If the Cargo goes over 50% the event controller will ignore it. The problem is resolved when you change "Equal or greater to Equal or lesser" and back. It then will correct itself.

A problem this can cause for example is my current situation. As the event never triggers that the Cargo has gone past its % mark the assembler over produces, flooding several cargo containers.

For me this can be a resource problem but someone who relies on event blocks for docking or more dangerous flight tasks find themselves in a unexpected loss of a ship.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Mike LaBorde,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I tried to recreate your setup and I watched the event controller for a while but it was tracking it correctly. Could you share further information with me?

Sharing your save file and or blueprints would be very helpful to me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!