Custom turret controller after automaton update wont shoot locked target beyond range.

Petr Doležal shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

Hi, after automatom update, custom Turret controller is somewhat broken. It does not shoot beyond 600m/800m depends on grid range. Even on locked target. Ignoring focus locked target.

Tested it now again on small grid with small railgun rover. Before automaton update it would shoot at 1400m distant target when locked. Now it does not do anything unless i get 600m close. Once i get close, turret start shooting and if target is locked it now shoots to weapon range (1400m) if i get more than 600m away. But when i press Focus locked target or get beyond 1400m or back. Turret wont shoot unless i get less than 600m close. Large grid Controllers act the same.

Attaching 2 screenshots of locked target. at max range it could shoot before update and below 600m.

They just feel broken. Old system worked flawlessly.

And one more "suggestion" Willis duct crate block. Is it possible to change it to be openable like Acces panel 4? It would make more sense.

If you need anything else let me know.

Can communicate in CZ or ENG :) have a nice day.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Petr Doležal,

thank you for reporting to us. I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

When it comes to your suggestion, you can post it to our feedback section :)

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This bug is still happening. We want the defense AI block to extend the distance of custom turret controllers beyond the basic limit like it does for all other turrets. There seems to be an issue with them working together.

photo

It can fire on locked targets now, but still. When exiting cockpit, it stops shooting and resumes just after i reenter. Might be needed to make another report if this one is closed.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file