This object is in archive! 

Programmable Block Parity with Terminal Request

Jerry Webb shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hi all.

Given the recent update of Automatons, I wish to propose the idea that the Programmable Block should be given some love and made fully compatible with the Terminal access players have.

I suggest at a minimum:

• The amendment of the API to include all possible terminal actions by a player, including for:

• The AI Recorder the ability to add / remove waypoints and actions, and get a list of all waypoints/actions in a recorder's list and allow for the reassignment and checking of relative beacons through code.
  • The AI Offensive / Defensive block to add all API elements to support the Program Block doing all terminal actions.
  • The Jump Drive to allow code to jump. (I propose a solution to this 'backlash' [or resistance] by adding into this procedure a global permission, much like Economy and Weather got, for its disablement by admins.)

Among the other changes implied by this request, I recognize the scope of this request, and understand that whilst us Scripters are a minority in the game's demographic, I believe parity is a crucial aspect to ensure that the term 'Sandbox' is properly represented to the fullest extent possible. A term - mind you - that stands for the freedom of the individual to do as they see fit - and for those more controversial actions, establish boundaries by choice rather than boundaries by design.

Pro populo, ut viva voce.

With regards,

Jerry.

Replies (1)

photo

Even just being able to set the current waypoint of the flight block would enable a lot of interesting and useful scripting options. Automating Automatons is pretty limited right now.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file