Air vent ... not working with tubes?

Axel shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

Hey there!

Long story short:

I built an functional air vent and needed it now 1-2 blocks further from the o2 tank.

So, I'm an Engineer, I'm smart ... I thought so!

I built a tube between these and ... nothing.

I built a stronger tube (with that cage or something around) ... nothing.

I built it with a conveyor (cube) instead of tubes ... it works!

Please don't judge me, but WHY I am not allowed to build that with tubes?

It's like my other bug topic about air vent deaerated not with fully loaded air(tank)-system .. it is very very very confusing!

Clearly a bug!

So, please change that. ;-)

Sincerely, Axel

Replies (4)

photo

When you say deaerated, do you mean depressurized?

if its the case its not a bug but a lack of storage for your oxygen, by example did you ever try to add water to a full bottle, obviously it doesn't work, thus if you are in a close system (like a ship) the water cannot go anywhere and stay where it was. replace the water by oxygen and it is the same issue.

For your first part however its definitivly a either a bug or a problem in your piping, because it usualy works properly

photo

Hi!

Let me put it to you this way:

If you have a high-tech product in front of you that you expect to be able to not only ventilate but also deaerate, but it doesn't, then you're probably also thinking: Exchange it! But immediately!

And as a Space Engineer it makes totally no sense to me. It simply does not make sense to have a ventilation system, but it only works (fully) when the tank is not full.

This is a bug and at least misconception for me, because other games aren't working this way and also my logic works against that.

If it should be so that only then "depressurized", if the tank is empty or not completely full, then the game program must leave as such also place - in the tank.

Or explain it very simply:

"Folks, this is just venting, not depressurizing. If you want to depressurize at any time, use a mod which comes closer to "reality"."

But you're not a Dev, so you can't overthink that - also, it's another topic I opened, too.

Anyways ...

... back to topic!

In "my piping" can't be an error, if you just put one tube between. It is just one.

How could it be? (That's more of a rhetorical question.)

Sincerely, Axel

photo

Hello, Axel,

I built a small setup with a vent, tank and generator. When I connected the vent with either a tube or a conveyor it worked without a problem. Can you please share your save or blueprint where I can test it as well?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

And to answer the other problem. When the tank is completely full, there is no room to store the oxygen from the room when you depressurize it. You need to create a separate tank or leave room in the first one.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file