This object is in archive! 

Docked craft don't share air tightness

IDon'tShareMyName shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

Steam screenshot of the unwanted behaviour:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2965204559

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build (or spawn using blueprints) 2 craft with docking ports and air tightness/pressurization

2. Dock the 2 craft

3. On a point where 2 tunnels from the different craft meet, open a door which would overwise keep the craft airtight (while closed)

4. See that the pressurization disappears in the craft where you open the door.

Possible Reason:

The craft you opened the door on is no longer airtight after you open the door, meaning that the other craft isn't counting towards airtightness.

Expectation:

Both crafts are pressurized and both have air.

Replies (3)

photo

its not a bug,

when you connect 2 grid by anything else than a merge block they cannot share airtightness.

On that the game is realist because even in real life 2 structure (either in space or underwater) cannot have airtightness at the connection point unless said connection point allow some kind of sealed mergure.

photo

But if 2 objects are touching they should share air tightness - i understand that it's very hard when 2 grids are seperate, but if 2 craft are docked, they should definitely share air tightness.

photo

That's not how fluid mechanic works and gases are fluids.

Unless their is a perfect seal you wont have air tightness, and even if 2 surface may seem close enough to be sealed, it doesn't mean they are sealed.

That's why you need merge bloc because the way they works is that they virtually make 2 different entity into 1 which is sealing the space.

Your only other way is to have airlock on each structure separated by the emptiness of space,

You can use the mod Buildinfo to look for airleak in a build as well

photo

Hello, IDon'tShareMyName,

thank you for reporting to us. As other player mentioned, the two grids need to be connected fully in order for them to share air tightness. However it is difficult for me to tell what exactly is happening in the picture. Could you please share your world save with me where you demonstrate this behavior so that I can better help you out?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!