This object is in archive! 

World can not be closed ... Bug?

Axel shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

Hey there!

After your "tiny" update (from I dunno when, a few days ago?) I can not exiting the game.

Also, sometimes I can not quicksave and the game says "already saving" or similar. I play in german language only, so please bear with me when I not speak correctly the shown sentences. ;-)

Problem is: First one is reproducible after some play time an reloading in game (quickload).

Second one, obviously after some play time with some quickloadings, I want to exit the "World" (from ingame to the main menu) to load another game. But this is not happen because I don't get to that menu. After exiting the world I only see the loading screen with the text "world can not be closed".

And all this is just and only happen since your tiny update from under 300 kb last days or something like that. I can not remember correctly about the size because I play too much your game. lol.

If this Bug is already known, please just close this ticket.

If not, don't hesitate to contact me for further details.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely, Axel

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Axel,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Reinstall the game

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing works then please share your log with me.

-You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Support! ;-)

It's solved! Emptying Cache and logs done it for me.

Thank you very much for your time to answering me. I really appreciate it!

Of course I already checked my files in steam validating w/o success, so it was negative. :-)

The other things, nah, I didn't do it because it was after your tiny Update soooo.... It must be something with cache. Exactly.

Thank you very much!

That works for me:

Going %appdata%\SpaceEngineers

Deleting all(!) folders of "cache", "Shadercache" and "temp". Also, deleting all logs.

I started the game, as usual with all my beloved settings made (screen res, options in game, etc), loading the savegame and voilá, what happens?

Very fast loadingtimes, very fast closing world (faster than before) and yeah, I'm happy now.

THANK YOU!!!

Sincerely, Axel

photo

Hello, Axel,

I am glad to hear your problem is resolved. I will close this thread now, but if you encounter any other problems in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You are welcome and happy engineering :)

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!