[1.202.068] Printed AI Offensive Module forgetting selected weapons

Mason J Francois shared this bug 12 months ago
Reported

I've been working on a kind of drone printing mothership concept with the new AI modules for SE and have hit a roadblock. I have a drone design and printer that can build and release the projection fine, and the AI kicks in as expected on the drone and it proceeds to a point a few km ahead of a ship with a beacon acting as it's reference. When it reaches that point, it switches to a combat mode and should attack whatever is in range. The problem arises when it actually moves in to attack and does its orbits but doesn't fire its weapons. I did some testing and found that the AI offense module seems to forget its selected weaponry when it initially disconnects from its build arm and is sent on its way.

I decided to get hands on in the printer and tried building the different parts in all sorts of different orders (AI offense mod first, then gat guns, or the inverse) but didn't get anywhere with that. I know SE can behave interestingly when dealing with projection building and remembering data stored on some blocks on occasion but I can't seem to find a reasonable workaround to the problem. A drone that flies out and circles around you menacingly could be an effective intimidation tactic but I prefer a bit more pew pew and explosions in this instance :)

I was redirected here from the steam forms and have a save file with the issue easily replicable attached. Button panel on the red black and gray printer named "Drone Printer" will build and release a drone, and you can fly in and watch the AI offense module forget the gatling guns in the selected weaponry sub menu when the drone is released. There is a template drone next to the printer and it should be the same as the drones that are built, and hitting the "VD Drone Activation Trigger" timer block on it will activate the thing and it does what it should do. No mods or plugins, just base SE automatons 1.202.068.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug but I'm not the most experience programmer so i'll leave that judgment to yall :)

thx

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Mason J Francois,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file