Toggle Ship Boradcast Doesn't Work

Bradley Johnson shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

I've noticed that there's a ship boradcast icon on the HUD when you're in a cockpit, and that pressing the toggle boradcast key plays a sound and toggles the icon on or off. However, I haven't been able to figure out what it functionally does.

From what I can tell, it's suppose to toggle broadcasting on your ship, however it doesn't appear to do so, and effectively does nothing.

1. Construct a basic ship with power, a cockpit and antenna.
  2. Enter the cockpit and toggle broadcasting on the right of the HUD to the off state.
  3. Exit the cockpit and observer the obviously broadcasting antenna. You can double check that it's actually broadcasting by accessing it in the terminal.
    imageimage

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Bradley Johnson,

thank you for contacting us, I will try to answer your question. When you turn on broadcast it broadcasts your position to other players. When it is disabled then the antenna is able to to detect and listen to other antennas but the other antennas will not be able to detect it. This feature is more useful in multiplayer and it might seem like it is not doing anything in singleplayer.

Additionally you can pair the function with ore detector, and faction members or faction grids with antennas within its broadcast range will passively see the detected ores marked on their HUDs as well. The ore detector´s range stays the same and only the signal visibility range is increased. Faction members travelling in a mining rover kilometres away can use this feature to alert their allies back at the base when they find ore.

There are more uses of the broadcast function but it is more noticeable when playing with other players. However from your text I cannot determine if you are playing in multiplayer or singleplayer so please, if you continue having problems let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This test was conducted on a dedicated multiplayer server. I got into the cockpit of a static grid and pressed the button to toggle it, and got out of the cockpit and could still see the antenna broadcasting despite the state set in the control seat.

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

To be fair, I stopped checking the thread due to inactivity.

I only noticed these messages as I was poking around my secondary Email inbox.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file