Problem connecting to a friend game

Matteo Lorenzini shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

Since the automatons update I had many issues while entering my friends games and viceversa.

When I try to enter their game, I had these issues:

- Error: Server not responding

- I enter the server but there is nothing

- I enter the server and I'm in some sort of spectator mode (While spectator mode is disabled)

- I enter the server and it give me the "in Stream" message and the "Game Paused"

And some iteration of all these errors.

P.S. the world is Vanilla and empty as we are working on a ship in creative.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Matteo!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share further information with us?

Is the said game Lobby or a Dedicated Server (DS)?

Did you experience this issue when joining your friend's server only, or does it happen with other servers (including Keen Official Servers) as well?

Are you using VPN? If so, kindly disable VPN and see if that resolves the issue.

You can also try verifying the game files on Steam. To do so ;

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Start the game and try to join Keen's Official servers or your friend's server. If you still aren't able to join any server, kindly send the log files when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file